Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility
4 N. Haynes Ave.
Miles City, MT; 59301
Business Office: 406-232-1377
Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility, a 120-bed facility for juvenile males age 10 through 17, is located at Miles City. Pine Hills has joined the national Performance Based Standards (PbS- http://pbstandards.org/cjcaresources/93/PbS_InfoPacket2011.pdf ) initiative sponsored by the Council of Juvenile Correctional Administrators.
The facility also includes an on-site middle/high school accredited through Office of Public Instruction. Completion of new buildings in 2000 has allowed Pine Hills to initiate residential sex offender and chemical dependency treatment programs, adjust length-of-stay guidelines, provide a more rehabilitative environment and better protect the public. The staff is grouped into six categories:
Central Administration - provides fiscal, personnel, accounting, and contracting services.
Quality Assurance - provides safety and sanitation, food, facility planning, and internal investigation services.
Health Services - provides limited psychological and psychiatric services, residential placement, and medical services.
Care and Custody - oversees security, recreation, chemical dependency, case management, treatment, work restitution, and purchasing services.
Administrative Support - provides clerical services
Education/Vocation - operates as a year-round on-site school offering resident students the opportunity to graduate or earn GEDs.
- Superintendent: Steve Ray, (406) 232-1377,ext. 2290
- Administrative Officer: Teza Holland, (406) 232-1377,ext. 2291
- Director of Care and Custody: Teri Young, (406) 232-1377,ext. 2266
- Quality Assurance / Staff Development and Training: Jeff Holland, (406) 232-1377,ext. 2223
- Mental Health Services: Alice Hougardy, MS, LAC, LCPC (406) 232-1377,ext. 2314
- Casework Supervisor: Brenda Kneeland, LAC (406) 233-2254
- Principal: Kimberly Leslie, (406) 232-1377,ext. 2203