Visiting at Riverside Youth Correctional Facility (RCYF)
Who may visit:
- A prior background check is not necessary for visiting the Riverside facility.
- Visitation is restricted to immediate family and personnel involved with a youth’s future placement. Exceptions to this policy require the pre-approval of the facility superintendent.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to visit without a parent or guardian. Children must remain with their parents at all times and behave in an appropriate manner that does not disturb others.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times. Visits will be terminated by staff for any inappropriate behavior or violating these visiting rules
What visitors can and can’t bring with them:
- All visitors are subject to search upon entering the facility and must present a valid photo identification, such as a driver license or passport.
- All personal belongings, like coats, purses and cell phones are to be left locked in your vehicle. However, in cold weather coats may be hung up at the entrance door.
- No food or drink, or outside items are allowed in the visitation room.
- Smoking and all other tobacco products are prohibited on the Riverside campus.
- No alcohol, drugs, firearms or weapons are allowed on campus. Any visitor suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any mood-altering substance will not be allowed to remain on campus and will be immediately reported to local law enforcement.
- All visits must be scheduled in advance through Riverside’s Case Manager at (406) 225-4516 or the facility’s main number, (406) 225-4500.
- Visits are limited to one hour and take place Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 2:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- Visitors must arrive at the scheduled time. Early or late arrivals may not be permitted to visit. Visitors are expected to leave promptly when visiting time is over.
- There are no visits on public holidays.
Directions to Riverside Youth Correctional Facility:
From Helena: Take I-15 South toward Butte for 27.1 miles. Take exit 164 for MT-69 toward Boulder. Turn left at MT-69 onto Main St. and continue for 1.8 miles. Turn left on Riverside Road (the first left after passing the fairgrounds on the right) and drive down the lane to the second facility.
From Butte: Take I-15 North toward Helena for 37.7 miles. Take exit 164 for MT-69 toward Boulder. Turn right at MT-69 onto Main St. and continue for 1.8 miles. Turn left on Riverside Road (the first left after passing the fairgrounds on the right) and drive down the lane to the second facility.
Riverside Youth Correctional Facility
2 Riverside Road
PO Box 88
Boulder, MT 59631
Phone: (406) 225-4500
To schedule a visit or for further information about visitation, please call:
Case Manager: (406) 225-4516
Riverside’s main number: (406) 225-4500