Visiting at Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility (PHYCF)
Who may visit:
- People planning to visit a youth in Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility are required to contact the youth's assigned caseworker at (406) 232-1377 in advance to make arrangements.
- All visitors are subject to a criminal history background check before visiting the secure facility. If a potential visitor has a criminal background, the visit must be approved by the facility’s superintendent.
- Visitors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and be approved by the youth's caseworker.
- Visitors are required to sign a form agreeing to obey all visiting rules.
What visitors can and can’t bring with them:
- All visitors are subject to search upon entering the facility and must present valid photo identification, such as a driver license or passport.
- All vehicles are to be securely locked while they are on the Pine Hills campus.
- All handbags, wallets, backpacks, cell phones and other personal items must be secured in a locked vehicle or in the lockers available where visitors check in.
- Pine Hills is a tobacco free facility; all tobacco products, lighters, matches, etc. must be secured in a locked vehicle.
- Cameras may be brought into the facility and left in the Business Office or with Security. Staff may take photos for you and the youth if time and staff availability allow.
- Approved clothing brought for the youth must be left at the Business Office or Security Office.
- Money (cash and money orders only) may be deposited into the youth's account at the time of a visit or left with a Security Officer for deposit on the next business day. You will be issued a receipt for all transactions.
- Food items may be brought to the visitors' room and will be inspected by Security staff. No food items may be taken to the youth’s housing unit.
- Youth and visitors may embrace and kiss at the beginning and end of visits and hold hands during a visit. All other forms of physical contact are prohibited and will be cause for termination of a visit.
- The shift supervisor or designee must approve visitation outside of the visitors' room.
- Exceptions to Pine Hills visiting rules may be made in emergency situations.
- Visitation may be terminated at any time for facility safety and/or security reasons.
- If a visitor desires to leave the visiting room and return, an adult must remain with the youth; otherwise the visit will be terminated.
- Any violation of visitation rules is immediate grounds for ending the visit.
A visit may be from one to four hours, with the approval of the caseworker. Visitors may visit only once each day. Exceptions may be approved by the caseworker.
Monday through Friday: 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Directions and General Traveling Information:
Pine Hills is located at 4 N. Haynes Ave, Miles City. The facility is 1.2 miles north and directly off the Broadus/Miles City interchange (at the intersection of Montana 59 & I-94).
Transportation to Miles City is available by bus.
Taxi service in Miles City is available at (406) 234-1414.